Author Topic: Back panrl assembly

November 04, 2023, 09:00:12 PM
Read 205 times

Ricardus

• View Profile
 How do you get the back panel on without breaking something? The rightmost 4 female XLR connectors seem to make it impossible to put the panel on. It seems like there is no way to get the panel over the XLR release tabs because the TRS connectors stick out too far.

Is there a method or technique I am missing?

November 05, 2023, 03:43:14 PM
Reply #1

Ricardus

• View Profile
 The only solution I see is to desolder some of the XLRs. I didn't want to do it yesterday because I was hoping someone here had a better solution.

November 06, 2023, 12:33:57 AM
Reply #2

Ricardus

• View Profile
OK, since no one replied with a better solution, I had to de-solder the "Input 2" XLRs, which without a proper de-soldering gun would be impossible, and someone would certainly damage the PCB. The pins on those XLRs are bent like a zig-zag so without a desoldering gun it would have been very very difficult to get them out because they fit in the holes so tightly

The TRS inputs to the immediate left of the Input 2 XLRs stick out so far that is simply isn't possible to to get the all 4 release tabs from the XLRs through the holes, and still get the panel over the protruding TRS connectors, without bending the panel like a pretzel, or breaking the PCB.

If someone has done it, I'd love to see a video of it.

Otherwise I think the build Docs need to be revised NOT to solder the Input 2 XLRs until you're assembling the back panel

« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 12:38:55 AM by Ricardus »