Author Topic: Can I Replace The Kit Resistors

January 31, 2023, 06:55:02 AM
Read 769 times

SuicidalLabRat

• View Profile
I have many matched sets of Vishay foils on my bench;  Is there any problem with me replacing the resistors included in the kit, with ultra high precision metal foil resistors with the same resistance spec?

Thanks!
SLR-

January 31, 2023, 09:26:05 AM
Reply #1

JPK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No problem replacing but no effect either.
JPK

January 31, 2023, 10:17:12 AM
Reply #2

SuicidalLabRat

• View Profile
THNX @JPK, much appreciated!

My particular build is integrated in a touring rig that ends up plugged into the power networks of many poorly regulated venues.  It will also be subject to much more external radiation than would be typical in a studio or desktop deployment, so I am looking for any components in the BOM for which I can provide alternates that will help keep the noise floor as low as possible.  Cost isn't really a concern.  
I mentioned the resistors because I have many alternates in stock - any other alternative component suggestion?

Thanks again!
SLR-

January 31, 2023, 11:57:37 AM
Reply #3

JPK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The most effective action would be to always make sure the unit is sufficiently ventilated, avoiding heat build up inside the unit. I can't think of any other improvement: the most fragile components are the electrolytic capacitors which  already are 105°C, long life components.
JPK

February 01, 2023, 12:56:07 AM
Reply #4

SuicidalLabRat

• View Profile
Noted.  Thanks for taking time to address my question!

SLR-