Author Topic: AB528 question

January 17, 2023, 07:40:36 PM
Read 740 times

LKL

• View Profile

Hello,
I'm on step 20 Transformer T2 mount and I'm unclear about the spacers. The parts guide says there are (2) M2 5x3 spacers. Looking at the diagram, this looks like the part (photos) but there are five of them total. 
The instructions seem to imply that I use two spacers on each screw, which would mean the parts count should be 4 (and I received an extra spacer). I don't see where elsewhere in the build it calls for a spacer like this.

If you could clarify I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
LKL

January 18, 2023, 10:25:07 AM
Reply #1

JPK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The 5 spacers are a mistake. You only need 2: one on each screw.
JPK

January 18, 2023, 12:37:57 PM
Reply #2

LKL

• View Profile
Thanks for clarifying!
The kit has been a joy to put together so far. 

January 22, 2023, 02:40:23 PM
Reply #3

LKL

• View Profile
Hi JPK,

Here's another question for you. 

I'm on step 29 attaching the PCB to the front panel. The front panel lines up beautifully, but none of the screws I have left (pic) fit through the designated holes of the metal front panel. I removed the front panel, and, alas, none of the screws fit in the spacers either. 

So it seems like I am in need of 3 black countersunk screws that are small enough to fit through the metal front panel and into the spacers.  I've confirmed that I did not use the incorrect screws earlier in the build.

Thanks,
LKL

January 23, 2023, 11:02:42 AM
Reply #4

JPK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It seems you are missing the 3 M2.5x6mm countersunk black screws?
Please contact me here if it is the case.
These screws are sometimes a bit difficult to insert into the front plate due to paint build up in the holes. But they come in with a little pressure.
JPK

January 23, 2023, 03:28:46 PM
Reply #5

LKL

• View Profile
Email sent. Thanks!

February 01, 2023, 04:31:08 PM
Reply #6

LKL

• View Profile
Thank you for the great customer service. The screws arrived yesterday, and I completed my build this morning. So far the DI and the phantom power with a mic all work well. I will test the line in option soon, but I have confidence it will work like everything else. Can't wait to use this in my next recording session!