The MP573 is a two stages, single ended class A preamp, based on the design that was originally used in the Neve 1290/1073 modules, that has been adapted to the '500' format of API.
Just install it in your API* compatible LunchboxTM rack and start recording.
The sound of the MP573, like its model is full, silky, detailed and musical, slightly larger than life, very complimentary to a digital recording environment.
The MP573 is great on vocals, acoustic instruments and generally all close miked sources that need to be pushed forward in the mix.
- Single ended class A design
- Carnhill/St. Ives transformers on input and output
- 0 to 70 dB of gain
- Switchable first stage
- The output stage is biased in a rich Class A with 70mA of iddle current
- Fet DI input, relay switched, the signal passes through the input transformer
- Signal/Clip LED monitors clipping in both stages
- 24V supply built from the +/-16V with a linear regulator
- Golden contacts on relays and switches
- Jumper selectable input impedance : 300-1200 ohms.
- High quality Grayhill gain switch
- Nicely damped quality conductive plastic potentiometer
- 1% metal film resistors
- Tantalum capacitors in the audio path (as in original)
- High grade 105°C low ESR electrolytic capacitors
- WIMA film capacitors
- High grade double sided PCB with plated holes
- Easy build, dense but straightforward
- Available assembled or as a full kit (everything included)
* API is a registered Trademark of Automated Processes Inc.